TheBlenderGirl.com > Balsamic Vinaigrette
I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of balsamic dressing. So, I called in reinforcements and asked my friend Melanie, aka resident balsamic dressing aficionado to come over and taste test so my version would be be up to snuff.
We settled on a mild version of this classic favorite. For those of you balsamic beaters, you can always kick up the acid a notch until you find your perfect blend.
- 1/2 cup (120ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, plus more taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons coconut nectar or pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Throw all of the ingredients into a glass jar, secure the lid, and shake vigorously to combine. Tweak sweetener, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the fridge to allow the flavors to mesh. The dressing will keep for about a week.