TheBlenderGirl.com > Raw Super Slaw
The weather continued to be uncommonly hot this week, so I've been sticking to salads. Seeing as I posted the cashew dressing a few days ago, I thought I'd share this simple slaw.
This raw coleslaw contains the blend of vegetables that I like. But, you could use anything you want. You could also throw the individual pieces into your food processor fitted with the s blade or course shredding disc to make things quick and easy.
I toss the dressing through the vegetables, and then add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. This slaw is a fantastic side dish, or serve it with a piece of protein of your choice.
- 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 white cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed and leaves shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 bunches flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions (white and green parts), finely chopped
- Celtic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To make the dressing, throw the dressing ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Tweak lemon juice, garlic, and salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad ingredients together, stir through the dressing, and season to taste.