TheBlenderGirl.com > Raw Vegan Super Slaw
The weather continued to be uncommonly hot this week, so I've been sticking to salads. Seeing as I posted the cashew dressing a few days ago, I thought I'd share this simple slaw.
This raw coleslaw contains the blend of vegetables that I like. But, you could use anything you want. You could also throw the individual pieces into your food processor fitted with the s blade or course shredding disc to make things quick and easy.
I toss the dressing through the vegetables, and then add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. This slaw is a fantastic side dish, or serve it with a piece of protein of your choice.
- 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 white cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 bunch curly kale, ribs removed and leaves shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 bunches flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions (white and green parts), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, kale, carrots, parsley, and onions together.
- Fold the dressing through the salad, and add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add more to taste.