Diana Stobo’s Raw Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies10
It is DAY 14 of "Raw Food Recipes with Excalibur" and we celebrate our Excalibur Giveaway with the vibrant and beautiful Diana Stobo. I absolutely love this lady's philosophy, "Loving your body is loving the planet." I couldn't agree more. This from the lady that is inspiring America to "Get Naked!"
Diana Stobo is a health and wellness expert, raw advocate, inspiration and motivational speaker, and a two time award-winning author of GET NAKED FAST! A GUIDE TO STRIPPING AWAY THE FOODS THAT WEIGH YOU DOWN and her second book, NAKED BLISS: NAUGHTY AND NUTRITIOUS DAIRY FREE MILKSHAKES. A classically trained Cornell culinary artist, Diana healed herself with the power of live whole foods. After weighing 247 pounds while she was pregnant with twins, Diana overhauled her life, and then dedicated 10 years of study in nutrition to educate and empower peopel about a raw food lifestyle through the lens of food as medicine. You can listen to Diana's Story on her You Tube video.
Diana now coaches people on how to make healthy and nutritious foods that taste great with simple, natural ingredients that are accessible, easy to use, and FUN. Diana regularly conducts instructional sessions as a wellness coach to individuals; at major corporations; local natural markets; wellness festivals; spas, medical and health facilities. She also makes frequent TV appearances. Diana's motto, "Strive for LIVE!” has become a national health campaign. Diana’s mission is to see a whole country full of healthy happy people. You can join Diana's fantastic membership and weight loss programs on her website.
When I first invited Diana to participate in this event, she offered up so many delicious recipes I found it hard to choose just one! She enticed me with raw sweet and salty almond bars, raw fig bars, and then I had to stop her at "the most amazing chocolate chip cookies on the planet!" "Yep! I'll take THAT recipe!" It was a bold statement, but she delivered in spectacular fashion. These raw vegan double chocolate chip cookies are RAWMAZING!
We are actually incredibly fortunate, because these "sell your soul for one" chocolate chip cookies are usually only accessible through Diana's members-only site, The Naked Zone. To enter The Naked Zone, you simply sign up for a trial membership for $1. The Naked Zone contains: exclusive recipes, instructional videos with Diana, helpful how-to guides, inspirational messages, access to twice-monthly personal coaching phone calls, information and support you need to help you on your journey to health, vibrance, and beauty. For $1 you will have full access to these feautures for an entire month. After the first month, your membership continues for $14.95/month.
There is also a TON of free information on Diana Stobo. She writes a fantastic informative blog, with guest posts about athletics, healthy kids, and natural beauty. There are also lots of delicious recipes! Some of my favourites include: Lemony Kale Pesto, Vegetable Herb Flax Crackers, and the Turtle Pumpkin Squares. Oh, show me the way to piggy heaven! One of the best features of Diana's site is the Ask Diana feature, where you can ask Diana a question during her live teleseminar on the third Tuesday of every month at 9PM EST/6PM PST.
Trust me, join Diana's community and start "eating for health, vibrance, and beauty" and check out all of Diana's fabulous videos on You Tube.
Diana, thankyou for graciously participating in this event and sharing your incredible recipe. You RAWK!
Special thanks to Shawn and Kathy for organizing this contribution.
Diana Stobo’s Raw Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups raw almond meal
- 1/2 cup chia seeds, ground (measure before grinding)
- 16 ounces of sweetened raw cacao nibs and/or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped raw almonds and/or raw walnuts
- 2 cups raw oat groats, soaked in water for 12-24 hours
- 2 cups coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted by placing jar in hot water
- Mix almond meal, chia seeds, cacao nibs and nuts together and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the oat groats and place them in a food processor with the s-blade.
- Add the coconut sugar, spices and salt, and blend until moist and mealy.
- Scrape down the sides and then continue processing while slowly adding melted coconut.
- Process until creamy and smooth. Note: there will still be texture from the oats.
- Pour mixture over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a thick spoon or spatula.
- Allow this mixure to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Using a 1 1/8 inch cookie scoop, form heaping half domes of batter onto Excalibur dehydrator sheets lined with grid sheet and paraflexx sheets.
- Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 2 hours.
- Reduce the heat to 115 degrees and dehydrate for 6-8 hours more.
- Gently remove cookies from paraflexx sheets and place directly onto the grid sheets.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees for an additional 10-12 hours.
- Place in an airtight container in the pantry or the fridge.
- These will keep for up to a month.
- Makes about 50 cookies.
Piggy Cooking Tips
selecting the best raw walnuts
Raw unshelled walnuts are widely available in pre-packaged bags as well as bulk bins. Always purchase from a supplier where there is a high turnover to ensure freshness and quality. Look for walnuts that are uniform in colour. Avoid the limp and shrivelled ones. Walnuts should smell nutty and sweet. If they smell musty or rancid they are bad. Walnuts are extremely susceptible to rancidity due to their high polyunsaturated fat content. To preserve the precious oils, store walnuts in a sealed glass jar in the fridge for up to six months. Always soak walnuts before using to remove the enzyme inhibitors and make them more digestible.