Fresh N Lean’s Vegan Broccoli, Mushroom & Tofu Lasagne32
Piggies! You are in for a treat today, because I am going to introduce you to Fresh N Lean -- my favourite vegan meal delivery service that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! The vegan meals that this company prepares and delivers right to your door will ROCK YOUR WORLD. I had the pleasure of visiting their commercial kitchen and headquarters in Marina Del Rey, CA, and tasted many of their incredible recipes.
One bite of their lasagne and I was hooked...along with hundreds of other people, as they revealed it was their most popular recipe! I, of course, boldly asked if I could have the recipe to share with you, and guess what? They not only gave me the recipe, but granted permission to publish it here! WOW! Talk about a shining example of, "Don't Ask, Don't Get!"
One bite of this lasagne and you will be grabbing for your computer with one hand, and your phone with the other, placing your order with this amazing company. This recipe is absolutely DELICIOUS! It called for homemade organic tomato pasta sauce, so I thought it was the perfect time to utilize my homemade vegan tomato pizza pasta sauce in somebody else's recipe. As you will taste, the results were spectacular!
Not only is this recipe absolutely loaded with vegetables and protein, but it is scrumptious! Daiya cheese comes to the rescue here bringing a slightly cheesy element. I swear that company could just park at my door. I would like to have anyone show me a vegan cheese that can rival this phenomenal blend. If I had one hour on the vegan earth to live, I might just spend it devouring an entire vat of Daiya cheese. Death by Daiya? It could be worse!
But back to Fresh N Lean. Not only is this company owned by one of the most passionate men I have ever met in my life, (he doesn't like to be in the spotlight so I won't name him), but all of the staff are equally as passionate about sharing healthy meals with the masses, so that people can have access to affordable gluten free vegan meals that are full of flavour and loaded with nutrients.
I was incredibly impressed with not only the quality of the food, but the immaculate conditions in which this food is prepared. The head chef really prepares each meal with love and care, and it shows! Check out this amazing company and see how it can change your life. We are all busy, and it can be difficult to stay on the "healthy eating" path. If this sounds like you, then Fresh 'N Lean can help!
They have a variety of recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner: their homemade granola and chia puddings, a variety of vegetarian pastas, lentil stews, delectable salads, and scrumptious soups. They can help you develop a plan that is right for you and your family. If you don't need a meal delivery service, make this vegan lasagne, for a taste of the Fresh N Lean magic!
**Recipe published here with permission from Fresh N Lean.
Fresh N Lean’s Vegan Broccoli, Mushroom & Tofu Lasagne
- 1 (16 oz) package gluten free lasagna noodles
- 2 cups diced organic firm tofu
- 2 cups Daiya vegan cheese
- 3 cups of homemade vegan tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups diced roma tomatoes
- 2 cups broccoli (chopped & steamed)
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 cup vegetable broth (I use Massel vegetable stock cubes)
- ½ cup firmly packed finely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh continental flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 375 (F) degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, cook lasagna sheets in water with 1 tbsp of oil anD 1 tsp Celtic sea salt (to prevent them from sticking together) until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add oil, garlic, tomato, basil, broccoli, mushroom, and salt. Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes until just tender.
- Add parsley, and cook for another minute.
- Add the vegetable broth and simmer (uncovered) for about 5 minutes until the stock reduces a little.
- Crumble tofu and 1 cup of Daiya cheese and combine well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the vegan cheese just begins to melt. Remove from heat and cover.
- In the bottom of 11x7 baking dish, place just a tiny bit of tomato sauce.
- Then place three lasagna noodles on top.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce, then veggie mixture on top of the noodles and cover with a thin layer of tomato sauce and a sprinkle of Daiya cheese.
- Repeat this process.
- Then add a final layer of noodles. Cover with a thin layer of tomato sauce and top with Daiya cheese.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until lasagna is thoroughly heated. If top starts to burn, cover with a piece of tinfoil.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of Daiya cheese and some chopped fresh basil and parsley. YUMMO!
This recipe published here with permission from Fresh N Lean.
Piggy Cooking Tips
selecting great tomatoes
Tomatoes are very hard to transport when they are ripened as they get damaged very easily. So most tomatoes are picked green and then sprayed with ethylene gas (yuk) to make them red. They are also covered with a wax coating to prolong their shelf life. To avoid this “freak fruit” try to purchase organic tomatoes from local farmers that are allowed to ripen on the vine naturally. Look for tomatoes that have a rich red uniform colour and are firm and heavy. These tomatoes have the best flavour and the most lycopenes and nutritional value. If you must purchase conventional tomatoes peek the skin off before using.