Heather Pace & Sweetly Raw’s Vegan Oatmeal Crunch Cereal11
It is DAY 20 of "Raw Food Recipes with Excalibur" and we kick off another week of our Excalibur Giveaway celebration with the gorgeous Heather Pace from Sweetly Raw. If you have a sweet tooth and a penchant for decadent desserts but don't want to coat-check your colon for the indulgence, you absolutely need to know about this sensational lady. Heather is the QUEEN of delectable raw vegan desserts!
Check out ANY of the incredible raw vegan dessert recipes on Sweetly Raw and you will get a taste of what I am raving about! Some of my favourites include: the raw vegan mint chocolate cheesecake tart, raw vegan strawberry lime mousse cake, raw chocolate cheesecake and 22 other cheescakes (why pick just one?) her raw vegan coconut truffle ice cream, raw chocolate cupcakes and SO MANY MORE.
The best way to indulge in Heather's amazing raw vegan dessert recipes is to purchase one of her six eBooks: ICE CREAM IN THE RAW, ULTIMATE RAW ICE CREAM CAKES, RAW PARTY PARFAITS, JUST DESSERTS, RAW FOOD CAROB DESSERTS and MOONIE PIE RECIPES. These gorgeous books are LOADED with mouthwatering raw dessert recipes that are super easy to make.
So who is the lovely creator of these sweet delights?
After becoming a vegan at the age of fourteen after reading FIT FOR LIFE, Heather attended culinary school at the age of eighteen and worked in various restaurants, bakeries, and as a personal chef. Her passion for making healthy living continued, and she now runs a successful raw vegan dessert business and works as a certified kripalu yoga instructor.
After thirteen years of veganism (including five years of mostly raw vegansim), Heather became quite sick and chose to adopt a mostly plant-based whole foods diet that includes some animal products and cooked food. You can read the full story HERE. Heather has started a new blog, Universal Eater, to document this new path.
Heather is sharing her delicious raw vegan oatmeal crunch cereal with us today. This seriously tastes like some of the commercial cereals you would be used to. So raw food skeptics -- this is for you! Heather says, "I've made this recipe many times. It reminds me of some kind of boxed crunchy oat cereal and I think it's scrummalicious! If you want squares, spread it out thin on your teflex sheets and score into the size you want. If you want little clusters, add an extra 1/2 cup dry coconut and simply sprinkle bits onto the teflex sheets before drying."
Heather Pace & Sweetly Raw’s Vegan Oatmeal Crunch Cereal
- 1 cup packed almond pulp (leftover from making homemade almond milk)
- 3/4 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup finely ground oats (regular oats, gluten free oats, or raw oat groats)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup maple syrup or raw agave
- 2 Tbsp filtered water
- 2 tsp non alcoholic pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp himalayan salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread out on teflex sheets in your Excalibur Dehydrator and dehydrate at 145 F for 2 hours.
- Turn the temperature down to 115F and continue to dry for 8-10 hours (or until very dry and crunchy), flipping onto the mesh screen halfway through.
- *If you want squares, spread it out thin on your teflex sheets and score into the size you want. If you want little clusters, add an extra 1/2 cup dry coconut and simply sprinkle bits onto the teflex sheets before drying.
- Enjoy topped with raw homemade almond milk. YUMMO!
Piggy Cooking Tips
the best way to clean your blender
After blending up something sticky, gooey or smelly, just place a few drops of soap in the carriage with some warm water and blend on high until all of the congealed food slips away from the blades and sides. Then repeat this process. Then rinse with water and presto! Clean carriage.
If you have smells or stains repeat this process with some bicarbonate of soda or lemon juice and water.
Check out the video on A No Hassle Way To Clean Your Blender that I did as part of the Chow Tips Series.