Low Fat Vegan Chef’s Raw Mediterranean Flax Tortilla Wraps15
It is DAY 10 of "Raw Food Recipes with Excalibur" and today we are celebrating our Excalibur Dehydrator Giveaway in style with the lovely Veronica Grace from Low Fat Vegan Chef. I LOVE Veronica's website, because you can find delicious raw vegan recipes, and cooked vegan recipes, so there's something for everyone.
She also has such a beautiful, natural, straight-forward style and simplicity that makes her healthy tasty recipes accessible to anyone. Check out the videos on her You Tube channel and you will see what I mean. You feel like you are standing in Veronica's kitchen with her and cooking together.
So who is Veronica Grace? Veronica is a self taught home chef and food enthusiast who focuses on promoting an oil free and low fat vegan approach to a whole foods plant-based lifestyle. She teaches and encourages people to eat fresh fruits and vegetables as much as possible, and stays up to date on current research in the natural health and plant based diet world. Her motto is, "eating nutritious food should be easy and delicious" and once you try her recipes you will certainly agree!
Some of my personal favourites are the Dijon Tofu Veggie Scramble, Raw Caesar Salad, Vegan Indian Dal Soup, Vegan Pumpkin Raisin Muffins, and Vegan Blackberry Brownies. Veronica's recipes cater to people who enjoy lower fat vegan diets like 80/10/10 by Dr. Graham, The McDougall Diet, and the Eat To Live Program by Dr. Fuhrman.
This Mediterranean Flax Tortilla Wrap stuffed with Veronica's delicious low fat hemp hummus and fresh veggies is a glowing example of her simple flavourful food. This recipe is super easy, and these amazing wraps can be used as a base for all kinds of yummy raw vegan wraps. Scott and I made a quadruple batch the second time around, and we have been stuffing them with avocado, sprouts, green leaves, and pesto dips. YUMMO!
We are incredibly fortunate to have this recipe, as it has previously only been found in Veronica's digital Video and Ebook, SAVORY RAW DINNER RECIPES. and has never been published anywhere else. You can also purchase Veronica's other ebook, COMFORT SOUPS TO KEEP YOU WARM.
Veronica, thankyou for so graciously sharing this recipe here! You are just AMAZING...
Low Fat Vegan Chef’s Raw Mediterranean Flax Tortilla Wraps
- 3 cups peeled and chopped zucchinis (about 4 small ones)
- 3 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp filtered water
- 1 tsp psyllium husk powder
- 2–3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp Herbamare or Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 c flax meal (ground flax seed in your Vitamix or coffee grinder)
- 1 tsp. cabbage powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup tomatoes
- Cut zucchini into chunks.
- Place ingredients into your food processor and puree until almost smooth.
- Line two Excalibur dehydrator trays with teflex liners and pour two round tortillas and smooth with a spatula.
- Dehydrate on 115 F for 5–6 hours until dry on top and turn over.
- Dehydrate the other side until dry but still pliable.
- Stuff with spinach, lettuce, sliced veggies and raw hummus, avocado or guacamole and ENJOY!
- *Some notes from Veronica:
- Do not over-dry, or they will be brittle and not fold over.
- Turn the temperature down to 100 F if you’re going to leave it overnight, and check it first thing in the morning.
- Store any leftovers in plastic wrap in the fridge.
Piggy Cooking Tips
the best way to clean your blender
After blending up something sticky, gooey or smelly, just place a few drops of soap in the carriage with some warm water and blend on high until all of the congealed food slips away from the blades and sides. Then repeat this process. Then rinse with water and presto! Clean carriage.
If you have smells or stains repeat this process with some bicarbonate of soda or lemon juice and water.
Check out the video on A No Hassle Way To Clean Your Blender that I did as part of the Chow Tips Series.