Mac N Mo’s Vegan Sugar Free Diabetic Friendly Chocolate Pudding28
We continue DAY 20 of "Gluten Free Vegan Recipes with Breville" and celebrate our Breville Sous Chef® Food Processor Giveaway with my dear friend, Maura Knowles, founder of the incredible Mac-n-Mo's. If you are a Diabetic, or are looking for incredible Diabetic-Friendly, Sugar-Free, Low Sodium baking mixes and treats, this lovely lady is about to become your new best friend!
Some of you may be familiar with the videos Maura and I presented together last year when we featured her Gluten Free Vegan Banana Mini Loaf, Vegan Minty Cocoa Balls, and Gluten Free Vegan Veggie Pot Pies all made with her fabulous Mac-n-Mo's Morselicious All-Purpose Baking Mix. Maura is building a "Morselicious" Treat Empire, and her mission: "Changing The Way We Eat Snacks and Treats!"
Maura (Mo), a Certified Health Coach via the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, founded Mac–n-Mo’s in 2010, after her Dad (Mac), suffered two massive heart attacks, had quadruple bypass surgery, and was placed on a restrictive diet. As a diabetic, he was to eat a diet low in salt, low in fat, low in sugar, low in cholesterol, with no trans fats, and LOADS more fibre. After failing to find any convenience whole foods products that satisfied this criteria, Maura decided to answer the call, and after many happy taste tests later, a business was born.
Mac-n-Mo’s Morselicious Treats are Vegan, Gluten-free, Sodium-free, Kosher, contain NO Preservatives, NO Soy*, NO Cholesterol, have only 1 gram of Sugar, and contain vital Omega-3 & Fibre. Mo offers a healthy alternative to cookies, and remains passionate and dedicated to offer healthy indulgent treats that changes the way America snacks. She views herself as a pioneer in this field, which comes with many challenges and obstacles, making her more determined to succeed! I can't wait until Mac-n-Mo's is available in stores nationally. Currently you can purchase Maura's amazing treats online or at select California retail locations.
Maura writes an extremely entertaining daily blog, THE MORSELIST, where she shares healthy living tips; funny & inspiring stories; and her delectable healthy diabetic-friendly gluten free vegan recipe creations. This delicious sugar-free chocolate chia pudding she is sharing today is a glorious example of her recipe development talents. This recipe is gluten free, vegan, low sodium, low sugar, and is absolutely scrumptious! Or as Maura would say, "Morselicious!"
Maura is AMAZING. I don't know WHERE she finds to time to accomplish all that she does. She is a proud member of the Host Committee for Dr. Oz’s non-profit Health Corps Gala; The H.C.C. (Holistic Chamber of Commerce); Around the Plate Community; the Expert Panel of FOODUCIARY.com; Co-Founder of NUTSO-SWEET with Lauren O’Connor, R.D; Fine Foods Group; National Association of Women Business Owners; Institute for Integrative Nutrition; and is an active volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Try the delicious Mac-n-Mo's treats, check out The Morselist, and fall in love with the dazzling Maura Knowles.
Maura, thankyou for participating in this event, and for sharing your delicious recipe.
I adore you....
Mac N Mo’s Vegan Sugar Free Diabetic Friendly Chocolate Pudding
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked for 6 hours)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 ½ Tbsp chia seeds
- 1-3 drops liquid stevia, (or to taste)
- ½ cup dark vegan chocolate chunks
- Soak the raw cashews in water in a well-covered container for 6 hours or longer.
- Drain water, rinse cashews and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Wash and pierce the sweet potato with a fork and wrap in foil.*
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Mash and place the warm sweet potato, stevia, coconut milk , almond milk and soaked cashews into your Sous Chef® food processor, pulsing until you have a thick, creamy consistency.
- Transfer ingredients to a glass bowl.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature (20-30 minutes).
- Fold in the chia seeds and chocolate chunks.**
- Spoon into your favorite dessert cups and refrigerate, covered for at least 4 hours. And for those who like a chillier treat, put in freezer for a little over one hour.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves, morsels and serve!
- Serves 6 – 8
- *I leave the skins on the sweet potato for more nutrition and fibre, but if you want an ULTRA creamy custard, you may peel the skin before cutting.
- **If you want it more 'chocolaty,' fold in a few of the chocolate chunks while the mixture is still warm. The chunks will melt making it look more like chocolate.
- ***Fun tip: I poured half of my custard into popsicle molds for a frozen treat. MORSELICIOUS!
Piggy Cooking Tips
Freeze leftover milk in ice cube trays for use later
Don't waste that leftover milk. Freeze it in ice cube trays, and them empty into containers or zip-lock freezer bags for use later in smoothies, soups, and other recipes.