TheBlenderGirl.com > Mango Coconut & Cardamom Green Smoothie
A thousand apologies for my absence! No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth -- merely relocated to another gorgeous piece of it. I moved to L.A!
I am writing a new chapter in my life and am determined to make it full of joy, laughter, and of course, delicious food! I am just absolutely basking in the extraordinary variety of fresh local produce on offer at Whole Foods and the various farmer’s markets. I had forgotten how exquisite the fruits and vegetables are out here. I lived here for 5 years when I was a college student at UCLA and gobbled down more than my fair share of fresh fruit as I was touring the various markets! I am determined to deliver an encore performance during my return season! It is a feast for the senses and provides endless inspiration for story-telling in the kitchen. I picked up some gorgeous plump ripe mangoes and was compelled to recreate the mango coconut smoothie I devoured at my favorite smoothie bar in Kauai about 8 years ago.
Fresh and frozen mangoes work s’blendedly. I have put the coconut nectar and coconut essence as optional extras. You can also substitute vanilla extract. But this smoothie tastes fantastic without the extras. But I was in a decadent, celebratory mood and wanted to heighten the nutty flavor and sweetness.
It is pure bliss.
Now…..for the 225 other exotic fruits on offer at the market today…..Look out California fresh produce! My blender carriage is a’comin!
Mango Coconut & Cardamom Green Smoothie
- 1 cup (240ml) So Delicious Original Culinary Coconut milk or full-fat canned coconut milk (shake, then pour)
- 1 cup (240ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional, see post)
- 1 cup (37g) lightly packed radish greens (or baby bok choy or baby spinach)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt (optional, see post)
- 2 cups (320g) frozen mango
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
Throw all of the ingredients into your blender (including any boosters) and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.