TheBlenderGirl.com > Gluten Free Vegan Mac N Cheeze
This quick easy vegan mac n cheeze is simple and delicious. This is a perfect way to sneak some veggies into your children without them knowing it. To add an orange color to the sauce, add some mashed cooked carrot.
If you're serving this mac n cheese to small children, omit the mushrooms, parsley, green onions, and minced dried onions. But for adults, jazz this dish up with some extra fixins. A pinch of cayenne pepper is awesome.
What I love about this dish is that you can make the sauce and toppings while the pasta is cooking, and the whole meal can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. This mac n cheese is a fantastic quick healthy meal the whole family can enjoy.
Gluten Free Vegan Mac N Cheeze
- 8 oz / 227gms gluten free pasta elbows
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups diced shiitake or cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chopped green onions, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, and cook the pasta per the instructions on the packet, until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, throw all of the sauce ingredients into your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Tweak the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and paprika to taste.
- To prepare the toppings, warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and saute the mushrooms with the tamari and black pepper for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Stir the sauce through the pasta, and gently stir in the mushroom mixture, parsley, green onions, and dried onion flakes.