TheBlenderGirl.com > Greedy Green Pea and Almond Dip
I found a lonely little bag of green peas in my freezer the other night begging for a nutty match. As I lay my hands on those naked little beads my taste buds immediately starting salivating in the midst of a culinary wet dream spurred on by vivid sense memory of a delectable green pea dip I made with Kurma Dasa on a balmy night in Melbourne many years ago.
The second that dip hit my lips, it was love at first bite! Whenever I'm looking for a show-stopping dip I always turn to Kurma’s book. Check out the creamy cashew dip and his exquisite muhammara.
This pea and almond dip is super easy, bursting with flavor, and incredibly versatile. Another added bonus is that the flavor mix is different from your store-bought dips, and makes a unique addition to the usual offerings. This dip is spectacular with veggie sticks, and is fantastic slathered on sandwiches and wraps.
Greedy Green Pea and Almond Dip
- 1 cup frozen green peas, defrosted
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons filtered water, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- Throw all of the ingredients into your food processor, and pulse until rustically combined. Add more water as needed to process. Tweak lime juice, ginger, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crudités and crackers, or slathered on sandwiches or wraps.