TheBlenderGirl.com > Raw Vegan Avocado Gazpacho
This easy raw gazpacho is like liquid guacamole. This blend kicked me into a pleasure-induced coma and had me ready to coat-check my teeth. I'm now dreaming up a recipe for a taco in a glass. Hmmm...
Tweak the onion, lime juice, chile, and salt to taste. I serve this soup as a main meal with lots of veggie toppings. This way, it serves about 4 people. But, this blend is also sensational served in shot glasses for parties. A splash of tabasco is magic, too.
Just use avocados that are ripe with no bruising or brown spots to avoid avo flavor funk.
Raw Vegan Avocado Gazpacho
- 2 cups (240ml) filtered water
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves (1 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 small green chile, ribbed and seeded, plus more to taste
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Throw all of the soup ingredients (except the ice) into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Tweak the lime juice, onion, chile, salt, and pepper to taste. Add the ice, and blast again on high for 10 to 20 seconds until chilled and smooth.
- Serve immediately topped with avocado, green onions, and cilantro.