TheBlenderGirl.com > Raw Vegan Avocado Gazpacho Soup
This easy raw gazpacho is like “liquid guacamole” that kicked me into a pleasure-induced coma and that had me “coat-checking” my teeth and dreaming up a recipe for a “taco in a glass.” Hmmm…food for thought.
Tailor this soup to your own preferences. I've suggested quantities for garlic, salt and herbs as a guide only. These quantities led me to my perfect blend. But you might want a bit more heat, garlic or cilantro.
I served this soup as a main meal with lots of toppings. That way, it serves about 4 people. But, this gazpacho is also sensational served in shot glasses sans toppings at parties. A splash of tabasco is magic, too.
Be sure to use avocados that are ripe with no bruising or brown spots to avoid avo flavor funk.
Raw Vegan Avocado Gazpacho Soup
- 2 cups (240ml) filtered water
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves (1 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 small green chile, ribbed and seeded, plus more to taste
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Throw all of the soup ingredients (except the ice) into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Tweak the lime juice, onion, chile, salt, and pepper to taste. Add the ice, and blast again on high for 10 to 20 seconds until chilled and smooth.
- Serve immediately topped with avocado, green onions, and cilantro.