It's only fitting that the last post of 2016 be a chocolate cake! And, not just any chocolate cake...an epic, super-easy, make-you-weak-at-the-knees chocolate cake. You can't get much easier than this cake. Just grind the crust ingredients in a food processor and press them into a springform tin, throw the filling ingredients into your blender and blast on high until smooth and creamy, freeze until solid, and then devour. I've made this cake three times during the holiday season, and my friends all went mental for it.
I can't believe my last book, The Perfect Blend comes out in less than a week. It all feels like a bit of a dream. For those of you in the USA and Canada, be sure to enter the huge $27K celebration giveaway.
I'm feeling very nostalgic posting this last recipe for the year, as I realize I am closing out my first year as the global spokesperson for KitchenAid blenders. It has been an amazing year, and I am so proud to be working with this incredible company as they take the world by storm with their incredible new machines!
As I've said many times throughout the year, this is the best blender I've ever used, and I believe, the best blender in the world. For those of you who've been emailing me asking me, "is it really better?" and "why is it better?", the short answer is, "yes!" and the long answer is below:
There are so many features on this blender that make it superior to everything else on the market. Here's the basic rundown:
- A 3.5 Peak HP motor and the most power at the blade to make this blender the most powerful blender to pulverize ingredients for silky smooth consistencies. I've made the same recipe in this blender side-by-side with the leading high-speed machines, and this blender consistently blends things faster and gives things a smoother consistency.
- 3 Adapti-Blend™ Pre-Programmed Settings for Smoothies, Soups, and Juices, each with a unique range of varying speeds designed for a specific result and consistency. Pre-programmed settings are nothing new in the high-speed blender space, but these settings have been calibrated to perfection. For example, the Juice setting finishes on a slower speed to reduce the frothiness of the blend. The Smoothie setting gradually ramps up the speeds to blitz through tough leafy ingredients and ice cubes to make perfectly blended smoothies in just 40 seconds. The Soup setting works with the thermal insulated container to heat soup faster than any other machine. KitchenAid will safely tell you this machine heats soup in less than 5 minutes. I'm blending up piping hot soup in 3 minutes.
- A Variable speed dial that goes beyond 10 to 11 to take things beyond regular speeds to completely pulverize ingredients more quickly.
- The Pulse H/L Switch is brilliant! Push upwards for an extra boost of power at any speed, or push downwards for a few moments of a lower speed, a great option if you want to get an idea of the texture of your blend.
- The world's first Thermal Control Dual-Wall Titan blender jar. This is a game changer in the high-speed blender space. This insulated container keeps all the heat inside when you’re blending on the soup program, and keep the contents cool when you're blending smoothies and juices. The container is BPA-free with a soft-touch handle grip and asymetric stainless steel blade. The lid always fits securely with the handle on a corner for easy use.
- There is a dual-purpose centre lid cap that doubles as a graduated 60ml measuring cup for pouring liquids. No space on this machine left unused!
- A Removable Silicone Jar Pad. This is also nothing new. Most blenders have removable jar pads. But, again, KitchenAid is elevating the experience, and this jar pad is specifically designed so that the container sits snugly indented to ensure the jug won’t move about when blending at high speeds or when using the tamper with thick ingredients like with this cake.
- A Tamper with a Flex-Edged Spatula. Again, this is not a new concept, but KitchenAid has made it better with a spatula that helps you scrape ingredients from the sides of the container while the machine is running, and also helps you guide ingredients out of the container when serving.
- A Solid Die-Cast Metal Base instead of the plastic bases you get with other high-speed machines. As with all KitchenAid appliances this ultra-stable base with a high gloss finish results in an appliance of superior quality, durability, and stability.
You've still got time to get the new Pro Line® Series blender as a holiday gift! In the US, you can find it at Williams-Sonoma, Macy's, Bloomingdales, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Nebraska Furniture Mart. In Australia, look in Myer and David Jones, and for those of you in the UK, they've got them at Lakeland.
I wish you and your family a safe and joyful holiday season, and an amazing 2017.
*I am the spokesperson for KitchenAid blenders. But, my opinions are my own.