TheBlenderGirl.com > Tastes-Like-Ice-Cream Kale Smoothie
This is the most popular recipe on the site.
I get over 500 emails a week from delighted smoothie drinkers who are obsessed with this smoothie since I featured it in The Blender Girl cookbook.
Sun Cafe, my favorite local raw restaurant, won SeriousEats.com’s Best Smoothie in L.A. award for a blend that’s similar to this one. I’m not sure exactly what they put in their award-winner, but this is pretty close. One taste and you’ll understand why kale- phobic omnivores line up and even double- park in front of SunCafe to run in and get their fill.
This is the Holy Grail of Kale.
Tastes-Like-Ice-Cream Kale Smoothie
- 1 cup (240mls) filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional)
- 1 cup (25g) torn-up curly green kale leaves
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw unsalted cashews, soaked
- 2 fresh medium bananas
- 1/4 cup (43g) chopped pitted dates, soaked, plus more to taste
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups (250g) ice cubes
Throw all of the ingredients into your blender, and blast on high for about a minute, until smooth and creamy. Tweak flavors to taste (you may like a bit more kale, dates, or ginger).