Raw Vegan Creamy “Pistachio Ice Cream” Kale Shake139
Piggies! It is DAY 22 of "I LOVE Vitamix" month, and we continue to celebrate our fabulous Vitamix 5200 Giveaway. Make sure you enter to win this fabulous high-speed blender. Simply create a piggy name, enter your email address, and share on Twitter and Facebook. Every time your piggy name gets mentioned in a subsequent entry, you both get a bonus entry. Good Luck!
Here is Vitamix Recipe #22: Raw Vegan Creamy "Pistachio Ice Cream" Kale Shake. For those of you who think you can't eat kale, this delicious sweet shake will change your mind. I swear this smoothie tastes like pistachio ice cream. It will ROCK YOUR WORLD! I actually can't take credit for this idea. Sunpower Cafe came up with this one! This raw vegan cafe is one of my favourite healthy whole foods restaurants in L.A. Their sweet kale shake won best shake in L.A and I have one every time I go there. It is DEELISH. I don't know their exact recipe, so I can home and decided to replicate it. The results were absolutely spectacular!
I can't do this smoothie justice except to say that kale skeptics far and wide agree - this is stunner, a winner, and not to be missed!
Raw Vegan Creamy “Pistachio Ice Cream” Kale Shake
- 1 cup curly green kale leaves (about 3 large leaves)
- 2 ripe bananas - fresh or frozen
- 2 cups ice (a little less ice if using frozen bananas)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted dates or 3 Tbsp raw agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure alcohol-free vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp regular extract
- 1/2 tsp finely minced ginger
- pinch of Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Throw all of the ingredients in your high speed blender (I use a Vitamix) and puree until smooth and creamy. YUMMO!
- Serves 2.
Piggy Cooking Tips
a speedy way to ripen bananas
Placing unripe bananas in a paper bag is a great natural way to ripen bananas. The paper bag traps the ethylene gas produced by the bananas speeding up the ripening, but allows the oxygen to circulate so the bananas don’t rot. If you want the bananas to ripen even more quickly add an apple or an avocado in the bag which increases the amount of ethylene gas produced.