Raw Vegan Edamame Spinach Dip20
Piggies! It is DAY 2 of "I Love Vitamix" month in honour of my amazing Vitamix Giveaway! We had literally over 2,000 hits to the giveaway in Day 1! Just sensational.
Don't miss out on YOUR chance to win a Vitamix 5200 blender. Here's how you do it: create a piggy name and enter your email address for your chance to win. Then share on Facebook and Twitter for bonus entries. Every time your piggy name is mentioned by somebody else, you get a bonus entry! So, enter and share to get your hands on a piece of kitchen magic! I use my Vitamix at least 3 times a day to make all kinds of healthy blender recipes, and I am posting a delicious Vitamix recipe every day for the month of January to celebrate this amazing blender that I think is the ultimate culinary gift from the gods!
So here is Vitamix Recipe #2: Raw Vegan Edamame Spinach Dip. This dip is so quick and easy. You just throw everything in your Vitamix and devour. You will need to use your tamper to guide the ingedients through the blade as this mixture is very thick. If you don't have a high-speed blender, you can also make this recipe in your food processor. The consistency will be rustic and course. But that is fantastic too. In fact, some people prefer it that way. I am normally partial to rustic dips made in a food processor, but with this dip I love the creamy smooth texture you can achieve in the Vitamix, because it is like a pate or paste. This creamy raw vegan edamame dip is wonderful served with raw vegetables or crackers. It is also fantastic spread on sandwiches or in wraps.
I have deliberately kept the flavour very mild and subtle in order to let the edamame have their moment in the sun. I also wanted to be able to serve this to my little niece, Alexandra, who has multiple food allergies. This dip is raw, vegan, gluten free, egg free, dairy free and nut free. If you are serving this to children, just leave out the red chili pepper flakes. I like to add them in for adults to round out the flavours a bit. This dip has a lot of notes that subtley hit you on the front and back ends: the lemon juice, salt, cumin and chili strike a nice balance for me. I also love the extra nutritional density and rich vibrant green colour that the spinach adds.
This recipe makes about 2 cups of dip. Trust me, blend up this quick easy raw vegan edamame dip for your next gathering and you won't be sorry. It is DEELISH!
**For more delicious vegan dip recipes check out the raw vegan cashew dip, raw vegan green pea chutney, vegan roasted beetroot dip, vegan muhammara, raw vegan macadamia and sun-dried tomato pesto, raw vegan avocado spread, pineapple ginger spread and many other quick easy vegan dip recipes.
Raw Vegan Edamame Spinach Dip
- 2 cups shelled organic, Non GM edamame
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp finely chopped brown onion
- 2 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp red chili pepper flakes (omit if alkaline)
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat leat continental parsley (optional for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds (optional for garnish)
- Place all of the ingredients in your high speed blender (I use a Vitamix) You will need to use the tamper to guide the ingredients as the mixture is thick.
- If you don’t have a high speed blender use a food processor. The mixture will have a course consistency which is also lovely.
- Tweak flavours to taste. You might want more chilli flakes, garlic, lemon juice or salt.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds and chopped fresh parsley and some raw veggies and crackers. YUMMO!
- Serves 4 - 6
Piggy Cooking Tips
Avoid sticky garlic
When chopping garlic into fine pieces, it can leave you in a sticky situation. The garlic sticks to your knife, your fingers, and the board. To avoid this – simply rub a tiny drop of olive oil onto the blade of your knife and a few drops onto the garlic cloves. The oil coats the garlic and stops it from sticking.