TheBlenderGirl.com > Spicy Wake Up Savory Green Smoothie
PSicy So in honor of the new year, I thought that it only fitting that I post a green smoothie that we can all start off on a healthy note. So here is my favorite Raw Vegan Spicy Vegetable Green Smoothie that accounts for your daily dose of vegetables. I drink this healthy veggie packed green smoothie almost every week. It is a fantastic smoothie for health, vitality, energy, detoxification and hangovers! Lol! Perfect for New Year's Day! Ha! Boy, will that cayenne pepper get your system going and wake you up!
I like this green smoothie a little bit salty than I have specified. But I am a vegan alkalarian, so I consume a lot of salts. But I find that most people prefer the quantities that I have specified in the recipe. I also add in a little bit more cayenne pepper. Start with a pinch and add more to taste. A little goes a long way! Give this smoothie a spin and let me know how you do!
Happy New Year! May 2012 be filled with love, joy, peace, good health, nourishment, and anything else your heart desires.
Spicy Wake Up Savory Green Smoothie
from The Blender Girl Smoothies app
- 3/4 cup (180ml) raw coconut water or filtered water
- 1 cup (50g) chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, skin on and chopped
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 medium lime, peeled and halved
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon Bragg liquid aminos
Throw everything into your blender (including any boosters) and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Add salt to taste.