TheBlenderGirl.com > Chock-Full Chocolate Surprise Smoothie
This smoothie is a fun way to get kids to eat more veggies. Unlike the murky color of some vegetable smoothies, the brown of this smoothie makes it look like a chocolate milkshake, enabling you to hide all manner of nutritious goodies inside. And it’s so delicious and creamy, nobody will know that it contains greens!
Note that the broccoli must be frozen and the cauliflower must be steamed and cooled, not raw. This is quick and easy to make if you have a bit of leftover cauliflower. If you can’t quite get your head around blending wet florets, you can always add an extra banana and reduce the sweetener.
This recipe, and other delicious smoothies can be found in The Blender Girl Smoothies app.
Chock-Full Chocolate Surprise Smoothie
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened hemp, almond, or rice milk
- 1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup (22g) firmly packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (25g) frozen broccoli (about 2 florets)
- 1 medium banana, plus more to taste
- 1/2 ripe pear, cored, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (120g) steamed cauliflower florets (cooled completely), or an extra banana (to save time if you don’t have a bit of leftover cauliflower)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes
Throw everything into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Tweak flavors to taste (you may like a bit more banana, pear, cacao, vanilla,or maple syrup).This smoothie is best consumed immediately, or the day it is made.