TheBlenderGirl.com > Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
My dear friend Dr Michelle Robin asked me if I had a killer pumpkin smoothie recipe for a function she is having at Your Wellness Connection this week, and I decided to tweak the existing pumpkin pie recipe on the blog and make it better. I was never quite happy with it. It was one of the first recipes I posted here, and my smoothie creations have developed and changed over the years that I didn't want to send something that wasn't up to the standard of the smoothies in my app. There is a no-pumpkin pie smoothie in my smoothies app. It's really delicious, alkaline, and healthy. But, you need to use coconut meat and specialty stevia to make it. I wanted to make sure I had something really accessible for you to make during the holidays.
For conventional blenders soak your cashews for the best results.
This new pumpkin pie smoothie does every creamy bite of a self-respecting pumpkin pie justice; and hits the spot for those of us not inclined to bake to get our fix. Enjoy!
Find more delicious smoothie recipes in The Blender Girl Smoothies app.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup canned or freshly mashed pumpkin
- 1 fresh or frozen ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus more to taste
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup ice cubes, plus more to taste
- Throw all the ingredients (except the ice) into the blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Add the ice and blast again for about 10 seconds, until chilled.