Vitamix Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) egg substitute or 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp sweetener or more to taste
- 1 1/4 cups (150 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (75 g) whole wheat flour
- Place buttermilk, egg, oil, salt and sweetener into your Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 5 seconds and remove lid plug. Add flour and baking soda through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 5-10 seconds or until mixed.
*This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200. If you are using a different Vitamix machine, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed and/or processing time.
**This recipe is NOT gluten free.
***This video is an official Vitamix video. Published here with permission from Vitamix.