Vitamix Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) asparagus spears, cooked (reserve one cup pieces for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) half and half OR a few raw cashews or raw macadamias
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place asparagus and vegetable broth into your Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for up to 6 minutes or until the soup is piping hot.
- Reduce the speed to Variable 4 and pour the cream through the lid opening. To make this vegan you could use soy milk or almond milk OR place a few raw cashews or raw macadamias, then place the lid back on and blend on high for about 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately over reserved asparagus pieces.
*This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200. If you are using a different Vitamix machine, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed and/or processing time.
**This video is an official Vitamix video. Published here with permission from Vitamix.