Vitamix Vegetarian Potato Cheddar Breakfast Bake
- 3 (519 g) medium russet potatoes, cubed into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) chunks
- 2 cups (480 ml) egg substitute or 8 eggs
- 2 cups (480 ml) milk - you could use soy milk to make vegan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (227 g) cheddar cheese, cut into cubes. You could use vegan cheese.
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9-inch x 9-inch (23 cm x 23 cm) baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes into your Vitamix container and fill to the 6 cup (1.4 l) level.
- Add water to the 8 cup (1.9) level and secure lid.
- Select Variable 5 or 6. (Slower speed produces a coarser chop.)
- Turn on for about 10 seconds, using the tamper if necessary.
- Drain well, reserve.
- Place egg substitute, milk, salt, and cheese into your Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug.
- Add peppers, onion, and potatoes, through the lid-plug opening.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake covered for 40-45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 30-35 minutes until firm and lightly browned.
*This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200. If you are using a different Vitamix machine, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed and/or processing time.
**This video is an official Vitamix video. Published here with permission from Vitamix.