TheBlenderGirl.com > Pico De Gallo
I love pico de gallo and other fresh salsas because they're rustic, can be thrown together in minutes, and are highly customizable. This simple salsa is bursting with gorgeous flavor and vibrant color.
"Pico de gallo" is Spanish for “rooster’s beak", probably because it looks like all of the ingredients have been broken up by a bird’s beak. I rustically dice my tomatoes and cucumbers after scooping out the flesh and the seeds so the pico is not too watery.
Serve this with corn chips or veggie sticks, or serve with tacos, quesadillas, burritos, or anything else that takes your fancy.
Jazz this up with some diced watermelon or strawberries. Oh my...
- 2 cups (360g) diced tomato
- 1/3 cup (50g) diced red onion
- 1/4 cup (7g) finely chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons ribbed, seeded, and minced jalapeño, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
In a bowl, toss all of the ingredients until well combined. Tweak the lime juice, jalapeño, salt, and pepper to taste.