TheBlenderGirl.com > Grain-Free Granola
This scrumptious raw grain-free granola comes from Katie at Kitchen Stewardship.
Katie Kimball is a mother of three and home cook, who spends a ton of time in the kitchen making real food with whole ingredients and then blogging with good humor about her successes and failures at Kitchen Stewardship. A proud locavore, she also maintains a green lifestyle on a single-income family budget, and teaches others to do the same with her weekly “Monday Mission” challenges.
Katie’s site is loaded with fantastic information about eco living and preparing healthy whole foods. Some of my favorite posts are: the How to Make Water Kefir; How to Wash Your Hair Without Shampoo; Homemade Deodorant recipe; Green Household Cleaners, and Homemade Fruit Rolls.
You can also find fantastic healthy recipes. This raw grain-free granola is from Katie's ebook Healthy Snacks to Go. I love it because it's super easy, and you can use any nuts and seeds you have on hand. Don't miss making this. It's super delicious.
Learn more about Katie Kimball at Kitchen Stewardship.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Throw the almonds into a food processor fitted with the s blade, and pulse just a few times until rustically broken up. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Throw the walnuts or pecans into the food processor, and pulse a few times until rustically broken up. Transfer to the bowl.
- Mix the almonds and walnuts together, and add in the coconut, seeds, and spices.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the top of the dry ingredients and stir until evenly incorporated. Add the dried fruit, and stir until combined.
- Spread the granola in a thin layer onto two dehydrator trays fitted with non-stick sheets or parchment paper.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees fahrenheit for about 24 hours until dry.