TheBlenderGirl.com > Raw Paleo Pasta Alfredo
This healthy raw vegan alfredo pasta is quick, easy, and absolutely delicious. Just throw all of the ingredients in your high-speed blender and devour. To get the smoothest consistency with a conventional blender soak your nuts and seeds.
This alfredo sauce has a lovely flavor that complements the raw zucchini noodles. To make zoodles, use a vegetable spiralizer (which is what I did) to make quick easy spaghetti-style noodles, or just use a vegetable peeler to shave off thick fettuccine-style noodles. Either way, the pasta tastes delicious and looks gorgeous. I love using a spiralizer because it separates the core and seeds for you. You can make all of the noodles in less than 10 minutes. Vegetable spiralizers cost about $30 and are very easy to use. Just attach the vegetable and wind the handle! Raw "Fasta Pasta" anyone? I use zucchini and yellow squash/zucchini for noodles, and jicama for ravioli pasta the most. These vegetables most closely resemble traditional pasta. You could also use kelp noodles for this raw vegan pasta dish. Kelp noodles can be purchased from health food stores. If you are not a raw foodist, you can also stir this through cooked gluten free pastas or even traditional wheat-based pastas. This sauce pairs with everything!
To assemble the pasta: just mix everything together and top with some fresh parsley, green onions and sesame seeds. But feel free to jazz this dish up with any veggies you choose. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup (180ml) filtered water
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup (105g) raw unsalted macadamias, soaked
- 3/4 cup (105g) raw pine nuts, soaked
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 medium green zucchinis
- 1 cup (90g) finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely chopped green onion (white and green parts)
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw pine nuts
- 1/2 cup (12g) loosely packed finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- To make the sauce, throw all of the ingredients into your blender, and blast on high for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. Tweak salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the “noodles,” cut the ends off the zucchinis and use a spiralizer to create long spaghetti-style noodles. Or use a wide vegetable peeler to shave thin fettucine-style noodles. You should have about 8 cups (800g).
- Toss the noodles, broccoli, and green onions with about 1 1/2 cups of sauce, adding more as needed. Stir in the pine nuts and parsley. Season with salt and white pepper, to taste. Swirl portions onto a plate or bowl, and pass extra dressing at the table.